Grace is Overrated seemed a good place to start, so I bought the domain name, took a deep breath, and started posting. This is now the place where I write and doodle and develop my ideas and it has been so good to get a few of them out of my head an onto the page and screen. And along the way, I have read every single comment with delight. I love the feedback. Love it.
Yesterday, schnuckiputzi left this sweet, thoughtful comment on the post with my newest journal page:
The part that caught me, as you might have already guessed was "'Lightning' not 'lightening' round -- sorry."
Yep, I've been spelling lightning incorrectly. All along. 22 pages.
I was mortified. Until I remembered why I started this thing in the first place. Both feet, straight in. There were bound to be bumps along the way and this was one of them.
Here's what I've been up to ever since:
- I freaked out a little and checked every dictionary I could find and nowhere was lightning spelled lightening. (Although one dictionary did helpfully point out that lightening can be confused with lightning. Good to know.)
- I called my husband at work and gave him the lurid details and he laughed. But in a nice way.
- I emailed schnuckiputzi to thank her for her comment.
- After the kids went to bed, I went back and changed every single instance of the word lightening to lightning.
- Step 4 took a long time. It involved graphics files and pdf files and uploading and downloading and expletives, all of which ultimately led to step 6.
- I will never again use the word lightening when what I really mean is lightning.
- I realized that everybody makes the odd mistake here and there. Right?